Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Life....

I have always taken myself too seriously, given the unbroken and unrelenting narratives in my head too much airtime, too much credence. I have always over thought things, beating them to death with undeserved attention and single-minded focus.  After sixty plus years of this you would think I wouldn't go wandering down Worry Road or Speculation Street any more but sometimes, purely out of habit, I fall for the ruse that they will actually get me somewhere.
Whatever the issue is, I have found, it will usually resolve itself in time with or without my thinking about it. Whatever the issue is, I have noticed, it is usually something out of my control anyway. That is to say, it is somebody else's business, not my own. When I worry over whether or not someone has taken my words or actions the wrong way, I am worrying about someone else's brain neurons firing in such a way as to make whatever I did or said a negative occurrence in their life. First, I have no business trying to crack their head's code. Second, what could I do about it even if I could? 
But I'm just thinking out loud here. I'm just thinking about thinking. It's a vicious cycle, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment